A new dining venture, Village Cafe and Sweet Shoppe, is opening in Kapalua in the former Kapalua Cafe space (the former Vino’s space) December 17, 2010. Owners Debbi and Stuart Katz hope to create a gathering place for the community by offering all day breakfasts, hearty or quick lunches and special dinner options daily from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. The exact details of the menu are still being developed but here is the description of what’s on tap, straight from the Village Cafe and Sweet Shoppe website:
We definitely plan to share with you our menu but it is continuing to evolve based on our early tastings.
A few hints on what to expect for the table service menu:
- Breakfast and lunch items will be available ALL day from 7am until 8pm.
- Breakfast items include eggs, omelets, pancakes, quiche, breakfast wrap and the typical sides.
- Lunch items start with a wide selection of appetizers along with burgers, sandwiches and wraps and an assortment of sides.
- Entrees such as meatloaf, brisket, lasagna, pasta and daily specials begin serving at 11am
- A special Keiki menu will also be available.
Last, but not least, in the Sweet Shoppe…
- Find an assortment of fresh baked goods and a wide variety of flavors of Rosalani Ice Cream.
- Our coffee bar will serve 100% Maui Grown coffee as well as assorted blended beverages.
- Let’s not forget that we will take full advantage of our ice cream selection, coffee and fruit to make milkshakes, smoothies and other blended drinks.
In its role as community gathering place, the Village Cafe is also planning a number of special events, starting off with Story Time with Santa, December 20 at 2 pm, and December 23 at 3 pm. Santa will be there, telling cheery tales of Christmas to the good little boys and girls, along with milk, cookies, and keepsake photos of Santa.
On Christmas Day, if you’ve had your fill of cooking for holiday parties and Christmas Eve, make your way to Village Cafe and Sweet Shop for a very special Christmas Dinner featuring a full menu of all the holiday favorites for only $45/pp. It’s BYOB since the liquor license is still pending.
We really look forward to stopping in often whether for breakfsast, lunch, dinner or a mid-day smoothie. Best of luck to the Katz’ and their team, Chef Michelle Respicio and Paul “Buff” Weaver Director, Restaurant Operations.